Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Funny, I just did a search for this old blog and found it languishing away in this forgotten corner of the internet. The last entry I posted was three years ago and much has gone on in the intervening years. Just to bring you all up to date, first I suppose I ought to change the name of the blog since I am leaving the practice of law and therefore couldn't give two shits about what the judge ate for breakfast. Over the last three years I have been mercilessly beaten down by every civil court judge in this god forsaken town and the stress level of this job has caused me to gain 20 lbs and sent my blood pressure through the roof. Second, I no longer work for the City but have been grinding it out at an esteemed law firm which requires billable hours and a high level of compentence. Third, Becky and I have largely put the past behind us, moved to Staten Island and are expecting our first child. Fourth, I am leaving the aforementioned job in three days to go to work for AIG which I assume will be about as exciting as practicing law but with better hours and without the historonics.

I have also discovered a heretofore unknown passion for scuba diving and this blog will be as much about that as about anything else. Over the next seven months I will be attempting to balance work, diving, being an expectant father and being a New Yorker, I am sure with varying degrees of success. I will write about all of it. The writing will be for myself although any of you all can read it and post comments about anything.

No comments: