Saturday, June 21, 2003

I went to the Alana Davis show last night. John Harris had us on the list cause she is his cousin. I was blown away by her stage presence, singing, guitar playing. She is an immense talent. Wish I could have met her but the timing was off. What do you say to someone famous anyway? "Gee I really like your stuff?" Her fan base is a little strange. John told me that at the Chicago show he had to fend off a 45 year old guy who drove from New York to give Alana a mug with a kitten on it. That gives me the creeps, as it must give her the creeps. So the evening ended almost in a disaster. I got out of the cab (I know, I know, another $20 down the drain) and realized that I left my keys at work. Here its 1:30 in the morning and for once my building is quiet as a cathedral. Couldn't get in via the roof, unless I wanted to perform some dangerous acrobatics; not recommended with the amount of Coronas I had in my belly. I ended up knocking on the door of the apartment downstairs and the sleepy girl who answered let me go out their window and up the fire escape. Thank god Becky didn't lock the window.So now I have a hangover and I have to go to Long Island. Blah.

No comments: