Friday, November 16, 2007

One Pill Makes You Larger...


I ran across an interesting site today in my wanderings through the back alleys of the internet. The "The Erowid Experience Vaults” are “an attempt to catalog the wide variety of experiences people have with psychoactive plants and chemicals as well as experiences with endogenous (non-drug) mystical experiences, drug testing, police interactions, deep experiences of connection to music, etc.” http://www.erowid.org/experiences/.

Most of you know that the Patriot hung up his crack pipe years ago once things started to get ugly back in the boogie down Bronx. Nevertheless, being an unrepentant Deadhead, I still find stories of people doing weird and illegal things while under the influence of psychedelics to be vastly entertaining. I don’t know if this is because I can personally relate to some of the stranger aspects of the psychedelic experience, or if getting away with stuff while tripping my brains off has left some kind of indelible mark on my psyche. Either way, the following excerpt is representative of the type of tale categorized at erowid. The title of the entire piece is called “It's Fake....Let's Eat It All' (WRONG!)” Been there, done that.

“At one point, probably six hours into the trip, I decided that I just needed to leave for a while. Just go away, into the woods, AWAY from this seething mass of lunacy swirling around me. I walked into the edge of the forest, into a little sunlit glade filled with white flowers here and there. Ohh the relief I felt! here was a perfect spot to lie down and grab ahold of the fraying edges of my sanity and...wait...that's not a flower!! I had stumbled into a shithole. The white flowers were wads of toilet paper that had recently wiped some dirty hippie's ass. THERE WAS NO ESCAPE. The crushing blow struck me between the lobes and i was paralyzed, stark still for several minutes. Then I pulled myself together and plunged back into the howling, gibbering carnival of humanoid creatures which now spread out for miles and miles. I knew I had no choice but to surrender myself to it.”

There’s a lot like of stories like this one. Have fun, my freaky friends.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wang take RSD one time,WHOOOOAA! Wang no do that again. Wang eat the RSD and go for dumprings on Baxter street. Wang totarry rossed Wang’s brain. Wang berieved dumprings came to rife and Wang feer so bad he trying kirr dumprings, Wang start to cry into Wang’s Pho Bo soup. Wang onry smoke opeeium now. Wang no eat RSD not one more time. Your buddee Wang

Mark said...

Who is this Wang? Why do you write in such a style so insulting to Chinese people?

Anonymous said...

Can we please refer to "Chinese people" by the more appropriate "Chinks"?

Mark said...

Very brave to hide behind anonymous postings. Why don't you tell me who you really are so I can come kick your ass?

Anonymous said...

Who Anonymous that make bad word against Chinese? Shame on you!!
Wang see anonymous, Wang break anonymous head with nunchucks.You buddee Wang

Anonymous said...

Who is Wang?This is Wang, you buddee Wang.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=tZXBTVULfiw

Mark said...

LOL. Ok, now THAT was funny.