Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Unstable/Unable 08!

After watching the fascist parade in Minneapolis tonight from beginning to end (admittedly with the help of a six pack of some elitist microbrews from Vermont) I have decided that whatever Barak Obama’s faults as a candidate, it is imperative that the Republicans cannot, under any circumstances, be allowed to run this government for the next four years. I think Romney’s speech put me over the edge. His Nazi impersonation scared the holy crap out of me. The Alito Court is comprised of a bunch of liberals?? WTF?

Giuliani was also frightening. He was able to channel his inner trial lawyer in a way that he couldn’t during the campaign and his speech was like red meat to a bunch of hungry jackals. I’m in the middle of watching Sara Palin explain how being the mayor of Wassila Alaska was really a lot like running a country and I am starting to wonder whether the beer I drank was somehow laced with hallucinogens. McCain advisor Charlie Black on questions about Sarah Palin's foreign policy competence. "She's going to learn national security at the foot of the master for the next four years, and most doctors think that he'll be around at least that long."

Lest we forget, Palin was elected to her second term as mayor by a landslide, 800 votes to her opponent’s 240. Why should we question her experience? A degree from Idaho State and a few years running a backwater in Alaska after her career as a beauty contest also-ran is plenty of experience. And for gods sake woman, let your child go home and go to sleep. I had a four month old not too long ago and would never think of letting him sit in a convention hall surrounded by screaming people for four hours so I could make a point on national television. Republican family values. America is so fucked up. Thank you Republican Party. You got me off the sofa to get my credit card and send Obama $100. I suggest you all do the same.

No comments: