Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Subway


Since I’ve taken to “enjoying” a sandwich from the Subway franchise now and again, I’ve become curious about that Jared fellow and why he is still alive after eating nothing but chemically altered meat and vegetables for over a year while he was on the way to losing 245 pounds. I don’t know about you, but if I lost 245 pounds in a year from eating one company’s food product I’d wonder if I’d developed an aggressive tumor, certainly not consider the result a recipe for health and fitness. Nevertheless, Subway is cheap, relatively harmless and available every block or so in the downtown area so it is often a post-gym indulgence on days when I roll out of bed too late to make my own lunch. Plus, all that marketing hype tricks me into believing that I’m actually doing something good for my body by eating a portion controlled sandwich of off-color meat accompanied by baked Doritos and a diet coke. What I did not realize is that there a re a lot of people out there with very strong opinions about fast food. Some of them are quite funny. I encourage you to visit this site for a detailed discussion of the recent change the franchise made in the way it cuts its bread and the consternation this has caused among the brands numerous fans. There is also an article on the (thankfully) short-lived “Salmon Sub”. Bon appetite.

No comments: