Monday, October 23, 2006

My Brain is Fried

Sorry I’ve been absent for the last several days my friends, but the Patriot was laid low by a plate of “Soya Sticks With Black Mushrooms over Rice” that he purchased at The Vegetarian Dim Sum House on Pell Street in New York’s Chinatown. The Vegetarian Dim Sum House is the sister restaurant to the House of Vegetarian over on Mott Street; I have been eating at both of these establishments for about fifteen years and this was the first time I ever got sick. I guess that’s not too bad a track record, but I’m going to stay away from the mushroom dishes for a while. Something tells me that I got a bad one. I was out of work Friday and I’m still home today; the week-end was spent thrashing around in a delirium and making frequent trips to the can. The fact that the pipes haven’t, shall we say, returned to their former level of functionality has concerned me somewhat, hence my scheduled five o’clock appointment with doctor Jing Zhang. And no, the irony of going to a Chinese doctor to resolve this problem is not lost on me, I assure you.

So what has been going on the last few days? Iraq descending into greater sectarian violence and the Republicans in total denial about losing the election? Speaking of the elections, Leslie Stahal did a hatchet job on Nancy Pelosi last night on 60 Minutes. The woman is a crappy interviewer; she kept trying to paint Pelosi into a corner and portray her as a loose cannon liberal which is hardly the case. There are no true liberals left in Congress with the exception of Charlie Rangel and Ted Kennedy. I may not agree with Pelosi on a few issues but I’d rather have her than Hastert (or any Republican for that matter) in that seat. What is a liberal anyway? It seems to depend more and more on which special interest group you identify with. Ok, I’m not making any sense and the thermometer is still reading 101 so I’m going to take a nap.

No comments: