Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Fat Bastard II

One of the perks of this otherwise incredibly boring job is that occasionally a lawyer who is on the panel will come by and take a few of us adjusters out to lunch. Today 9 of us were whisked off to a fancy Italian Resturaunt where my dietary resolve collapsed under the weight of a nice tellagio cheese and a salad of summer figs accompanied by a scoop of home-made ricotta and several slices of prosciutto di parma. This was followed by a fresh sea bass cooked in a herb wine and butter (of course) sauce paired with some fresh clams, mussels and calamari. Mercifully, no one had the temerity to order dessert. I so infrequently get to eat anywhere where a lunch entrĂ©e tops $6.95 so I immediately justified breaking my diet for the indulgence. Was it worth it? I don’t know, I’ve been unable to keep my eyes open this afternoon to give the matter much thought.

No comments: